[DeTomaso] FW: Removing rear quarter windows

David_Bell at oxy.com David_Bell at oxy.com
Mon May 14 15:21:58 EDT 2007

Forwarded from Jack DeRyke:

________________________________

From: JDeRyke at aol.com [mailto:JDeRyke at aol.com]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 12:33 PM
To: pantera at pobox.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Removing rear quarter windows

In a message dated 5/13/07 8:18:12 PM, pantera at pobox.com writes:

<< I just push hard from the inside.  I start at the upper rear corner,
peel the rubber back just a bit and push.  Not found one yet I cant push
out. >>

Most are held in so lightly that attaching those 'elephant-ear'
airscoops to
the frames will jerk the whole assembly out- as Mad Dawg found once he
got
going over 150mph at a SS event. If you add these things, and drive fast
enough
to actually scoop some air, use some screws to hold the frames to the
body.
Note this reportedly doesn't happen with the smaller scoops- which thus
seem to
be only cosmetic. FWIW- J DeRyke