[DeTomaso] Removing rear quarter windows

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun May 13 14:58:43 EDT 2007

Mike,

Mine came out pretty easily since part of the channel had rusted away!  I
started with the lower point, lifting the rubber on the inside of the engine
bay and gently pushing outward and once most of the rubber had been pushed
and outward sligthely, the window popped right out.

This may or may not be the proper way of removing them, but I do know that
to get them back in you run a string around the window in the rubber channel
and once the window is partially back in place, you simply pull the string
out little by little and doing so pulls the rubber over the metal lip to
replace the window.

Chris