[DeTomaso] Deck Lid thingee needed

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun May 13 09:45:05 EDT 2007

 Chris wrote -

 The replacement unit is formed from 16 gauge sheetmetal,

and will never, ever break in the way that yours has broken.................
 Not true. I just replaced that same part on 2511. It literally broke
 into three pieces - the center section and the two outer sections
 that have the bolts holding them to the deck lid.

 It does take some tweaking to fit the later latch to the earlier cars
 as the center-to-center mounting distances are different. I reworked it
 rather than add nutserts as Chris did.

 I've broken this part just this once, but for the bottom latch I've
 broken two so far. I now have spares of both - thanks to eBay.

 Maybe I should slow down on the weekend foothill drives?

 Nah :-)

 Larry