[DeTomaso] Chassis Dyno Pull on ItBWild (433rwhp & 5600 R's)

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 21:08:15 EDT 2007

I drove the Pantera to Anaheim this morning to Superior Automotive in Anaheim to have them re-check engine timing and jetting after Dick Drenske replaced the distributor gear and re-set the timing (thanks Dick)!

  Everything looked good.  I only needed 'one' pull (433rwhp Tq was 411) to 5600 R's and resisted the urge to do more. I think there is probably another 20-30HP if I pull to 6500 R's. HP was still climbing when he backed out of it at 5600 on the chassis dyno.  TQ l peaked at 5,000 R's...My attitude is if I have to blow the engine lets do it at Silver State next
  Sunday. ;-]> With taller gears even 5600 is close to 180 Mph in my Pantera. ;-0

  This engine is all most a year old now with allot of street miles and was built by Russ Fulps in Anaheim. It has a  381ci Cleveland stroker. (bore 4.020 stroke 3.750) and 302B aluminum heads, 11:1 compression, a Comp Cam hyd roller, 180 headers, Rosch hi rise, Holly 830. Russ did the last 377ci stroker and HP/TQ were close. It was built to make HP to 6500 R's.

  Although one Pantera dropped out of the NORC we're still looking to have 4 Pantera's for SilverState next week which I am happy with. Jason, Eliot and Darryl all have very special Pantera's, all are ORR veterans and all are PCNC members. Here's who is running again;

  Jason "The Kid"  Eaton - One of the finest detailed Pantera's I have ever seen. Bright TPR yellow with too many upgrades to mention here. Came in 1st place in his 1st ORR last year!!!

  Eliot "Marine" Kushner - Outstanding gunmetal gray GT5. Pretty much a street stocker - But many successful ORR's under his belt.

  Darryl "SEAL" Johnson - Beautiful Pantera has many upgrades including a Corvette suspension which has been under development for at least 3 years....says he is now ready to test it.

  The only changes we made for ItBWild this 1st ORR of the season is Drenske replaced the  worn bronze gear with a Comp Cams recommended steel gear which should open some interesting debate on the List.  Rear double adjustable shocks were rebuilt to add another 25% dampening/rebound to deal with rolling woops-dips (mile 57-62). I got full compression in Sept and cracked the rear window (again)! Yea, I had the Pantera realigned last
  week.;-]>

  Drenske also fabricated up some removable ABS for bottom of the air dam and sideskirts to replace the rubber belt I used Sept 06 which should work more effectively with less deflection. My new 180 degree headers and IR-EFI system never got finished in time...No good excuses as both Mike Trusty and Dick Drenske had their end covered. Okay, I'll blame work....Current plan is to pull engine in the fall after the next 4 ORR's then add the new EFI and 180 degree headers, and change cam, etc to a fresh rebuild.

  Bonneville 100 in Wendover is in June www.openroadracing.com in case any of you are interested.

  Happy Mothers Day

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing - Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa
  <teampanteraracing.com>

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com