[DeTomaso] Edelbrock Heads

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 12:06:19 EDT 2007

Art,

  I think the Edelbrock heads are limited by the port position.  All the SVO (A3, B3, C3, Yates, etc)  heads have higher ports, and that helps straighten out the air flow.  You can run a low manifold with the Edelbrock heads and you're pretty limited to fairly high single plane air gap manifolds with the SVO heads, or high dollar sheet metal intakes.  The newest SVO heads (Yates heads) also require shaft rocker arm systems, which can be expensive.  But I think the newer heads consistently flow more with smaller ports which are shaped better.

  I think it all depends on what you want out of your engine and how much you're willing to spend on parts.

  Ken

Art Stephens <artstephens at charter.net> wrote:
  Is anybody out there making any horsepower with the new Edelbrock Aluminum Cleveland heads? Thoughts one way or the other on these things?

Art