[DeTomaso] (no subject)

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Thu May 10 23:56:33 EDT 2007

It depends on the grade of aluminum.  7000 series aluminum is stronger than
many grades of steel.  In fact, I used 7000 series aluminum as adaptors to
install CV axles on a supercharged pantera.  However, you are not likely to
find much aluminum fittings out of 7000 series.  But remember, Master
cylinders are aluminum and they hold up to the pressure.

Dave "as long as it is engineered properly" D

At , you wrote:
>At 10:03 PM 5/9/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>><<< Problem is, thepieces that they found for me are aluminum.  I have no
experience with
>>  aluminum brake fittings, and have spoken to more than one person who
cringed at the idea
>>  of aluminum being able to stand up to the pressures of a high-perf
brake system. >>>

>>  DON'T DO IT!!!
>>
>>  Aluminum cannot safely withstand the pressures generated by your
braking system. This
>>  comes directly from Porterfield who makes high performance brake pads.
When I was