[DeTomaso] Engine Overhaul cost

charles buthala charlesbuthala at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 19:50:25 EDT 2007

All righty then

  What would be the hours spent or labor cost of tearing down an engine that is out of the car and rebuilding it with all new parts.
  No part or machining costs involved just labor.  This does not include the balancing of the rotating assembly or tuning in the labor cost.
  If this is not clear what am I missing here?
  Thanks

Ken Green <kenn_green at yahoo.com> wrote:
    I think it depends a lot on what you have done.  I had my previous block torque plate honed, and the decks checked to make sure they were close to square.  I think what I had done was referred to as clearancing and balancing?  Not to the level of blue printing, but making sure the important dimensions are right.  I think torque plate honing was not much, and is money well spent.  I think I spent about $500 on the block, but my decks were good, and there wasn't much machine work required.

  You'd probably get better answers if you made the question more specific.

  Ken

charles buthala <charlesbuthala at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Does anyone out there have a general idea of the cost of an engine overhaul.
I have purchased all the components with the exception of bearings and gaskets. I can get the cost of those items from Summit, and I paid for the machine shop work. Also this was not a rush job. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks all.

Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.