[DeTomaso] Aluminum Brake Fittings

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 01:03:24 EDT 2007

<<< Problem is, thepieces that they found for me are aluminum.  I have no experience with
  aluminum brake fittings, and have spoken to more than one person who cringed at the idea
  of aluminum being able to stand up to the pressures of a high-perf brake system. >>>

  DON'T DO IT!!!

  Aluminum cannot safely withstand the pressures generated by your braking system. This
  comes directly from Porterfield who makes high performance brake pads. When I was
  searching for braided stainless lines, they insisted that I DO NOT use lines with aluminum fittings.