[DeTomaso] More Calif Smog

Rick rwgushue at gte.net
Tue May 8 03:33:56 EDT 2007

This is from another mailing list, another smog law that will if passed
probably be copied in other states. After all, it is about money and not
necessarily about clean air. This will    have no effect on cars that
are 1975 and older.
Calif has a new one now,  soon you will have to smog  your car every
 > year, not every
 > two years as before, thanks  Arnold...
 > Rick

     Ok, a friend at work said it had passed.  I just checked and it is
in the appropriation committee suspense file. Not sure what that means
but so far only 60 individuals and the Alfa Romeo car club has voiced
opposition.  If no one notifies their rep, it will probably pass. The
laws always seem to hit the easiest group, old car owners, not the ships
and factories. The bill is AB616.

Ian wrote:

 > I heard that was only in the voting phase, not passed yet.  It's a 15
  year
 > "rolling" thing, where it'll start as the first 15 years of smog,
then add  one
 > one for every consecutive year.  No?  All I gotta say is.. "EFF  THAT
GUY!"
 > Like he really gives a crap about smog and pollution anyway,  driving
Hummers