[DeTomaso] Is this be the infamous "win me" Pantera???

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 7 19:41:11 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/7/07 16 14 53, steven.liebenow at att.net writes:

> I forgot what color it was, but this sounds like the same guy.....
>
> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/323361724.html
>
> I guess no body won it??

Yes, this is THPNMD03928, apparently quite a good car, which was part of a
rather evil scam a few years back where the owner would sell you tickets for
$100 entitling you to a chance to 'win' his car.   It's unknown how many tickets
were sold, although it's known that nobody ever got a refund, nor was the car
ever 'won'.

It appears that the Pantera community is small enough that the scam ran out
of steam rather early.   Note that he's looking to trade the Pantera for
another car whose appeal would be far greater (that is, a wider number of people
would be interested in a chance to 'win' it).   I have no idea if he intends to
repeat the scam or not.

I do believe that the Pantera is actually a very good car, although I hear it
needs a little work (carburetor gummed up) from sitting for so many years.
I believe it has been parked outside for the past few years, which is why it
needs paint, although it's probably a great driver right now.   Somebody needs
to go rescue this thing...just don't bite on the offer to win it!!!!