[DeTomaso] One more question!

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Mon May 7 13:20:14 EDT 2007

On May 03, 2007 10:05 PM Chris Kimball wrote:
<Thanks, guys, I'll try touching the sending wire to ground for a second to
see if that works. How will I know the sending unit on the bottle is
working, however?>

Remove the temperature sender.  Re-connect the car's temperature sender wire
to the temperature sender's terminal.  Connect the body of the sender to a
ground point on the car using a separate wire and a large alligator clip
around the temperature sender's body.  Submerge the sender in a pan of near
boiling water that you quickly bring out to the car from the kitchen.  The
gauge should read somewhere near 200 degrees.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505