[DeTomaso] Wiring Schematic Files

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 13:12:13 EDT 2007

It sounds like Chris spent a lot of effort making a better diagram than available from POCA.  I really don't think there are a huge number of people who will take advantage of Chris's offer, so maybe a solution is for Chris to let Asa, along with the others, have his work, and if people want to buy it from POCA, Asa can offer a printed version sold through the POCA store?  I'd guess that 6 months from now, almost no one will remember they can get this from Chris, and most people will go to the POCA store anyway.

  Also, everyone on the list already knows about the POCA store, so if they haven't ordered one from the store, they probably never will.  So, I don't think POCA will lose any sales over this.

  Ken

Donny Williams <Donnylee at ccwebster.net> wrote:
  I do not have a dog in this schematic fight..... But hey, when Pantera
owners benefit, they benefit from helping eachother period! I hate a hobby
where someone or group has to make a financial claim like this example to a
wiring schematic on a 30 year automobile. If someone wants to buy POCA
printed version they always have that option and right now! If someone
desired the the larger version POCA does not offer, and wanted to have it
printed themselves do the extra work themselves, they had that as an option.
The POCA version schematic to itself hardly makes one have a motivation to
join POCA. LOL's! To that end their are alot of resources and ideas from
individuals who belong to POCA, and just as many Non POCA who contribute
just as much to the overall good of helping other people with their Pantera
all the time with information and new techniques. Perhaps we need to
qualify who is, and who is not. Simply for the financial interests of POCA
that apparently is falling short financially and does not like to compete
with what they sell. Perhaps we need to only provide any information
exclusive according to a membership status to POCA and what they are willing
to purchase from it solely. Frankly, this left just another bad taste in
my mouth for this organization Most car clubs are not for profit, I guess
POCA is indeed a legitimate business, I never realized until right now that
POCA paid Federal taxes for selling goods.

Chris, hopefully you can collect a list of the people that would like to
benefit from your additional work and send a mass mailing to them with the
file attachement privately. I certainly hope your not apologizing for
simply taking something to the next level for the best good of all Pantera
owners. POCA clearly only wants their original version out their and to
hold owners hostage to them.....Or alternativly, if your a POCA follower you
could suffice the POCA gods by allowing them to sell your improved
modifications to an original work if you opt, so the mass who want it, can
benefit.

Yes, I know this will inflame the POCA Religion and faithful
followers......To bad.... I think its a selfish shame frankly no matter who
what you choose or not choose to belong to, and am just saying so.

Donny