[DeTomaso] Broker Rear Sway Bar Bolts

Thomas Borcich Tborcich at msn.com
Sun May 6 23:33:45 EDT 2007

Ok, I know someone has been through this...while removing my rear sway bar, two of the chassis/frame mounting bolts broke off...they must have been very soft metal because I did put that much force on them to break them?  One is an upper bolt, the other is a lower...the lower I believe is a blind bolt welded in from within the chassis tube, the upper I believe can be drilled out all the way through the other side of the tube section and a long bolt could be pushed through? An suggestions on fixing them?

Thanks for any help!

Tom Borcich