[DeTomaso] Vibration Help

Thomas Borcich Tborcich at msn.com
Sun May 6 12:13:12 EDT 2007

A few years ago, I had taken in my Infiniti to a small local shop for a tune up, timing belt and oil change....car came back with a vibration that started around 2500 RPM, took it back to the shop they put it on the scope said no electrical issues, timing was correct, they said it's in my mind...kept taking it back so they changed the harmonic balance...vibration still there, they changed the pulleys, rechecked the injectors, electrical, at least two times.  After chasing the problem for two weeks, they finally said take it to the Infiniti dealer maybe they can find the problem, but kept insisting it was in my mind. Took it to the dealer, the said the oil had been over filled oil and the crank was hitting the oil as the crank rotated causing the vibration...drained the oil of a few quarts and bingo no vibration....amazing what will cause a vibration and negligence by simply overfilling at oil change can created a nightmare.
Tom Borcich