[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 6 00:22:02 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/5/07 15 15 27, mark.pinson at verizon.net writes:

> Anybody know - Are there different styles of stock clutch master cylinders
> for different year cars?
>
> Both the pedal shaft and the clevis on the new one I got from Wilkinson is
> about 1" shorter than on the one I am replacing.  This is on a '72 pre-L.
>

>>>Yes, there are two types.   The masters themselves are identical, but the
question is simply whether or not your car has the clutch effort reduction
kit, which requires a different-length pushrod and clevis.

It is child's play to swap the old bits from   your old unit and install them
on the new one.   That is the ONLY way you will get the car running again
(unless you insist on newness which would mean returning the unit you got and
getting a different one with the proper length).