[DeTomaso] The latest adventures in the garage

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sat May 5 21:27:15 EDT 2007

Chris,

Great going.

Many 1 wire alternators are actually 3 wire connection  capable.

1 wire is the armature output  ...... the big wire. The  alternator will work
with only this wire connected .... ergo, "one wire." Good  for selling
alternators because it sounds so simple.

But, you may have two other pins in a connector on the alternator.  One pin
is for a charge indicator light and the second pin is  for the internal
regulator to sample the battery voltage near the  battery.

You need to know exactly which 1 wire alternator you have and then  we can
get the indicator hooked up ..... and, if you wish, the remote  sensing also.

We have users on this forum who have been all thru this with 1 wire
alternators.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com