[DeTomaso] Fw: Fw: Vibration Help

Donny Williams Donnylee at ccwebster.net
Sat May 5 12:15:11 EDT 2007

Will-

Be careful here.  That engine should have no noticeable weird vibrations.  I
would take the clutch and flywheel to a shop and have the entire thing
balanced.  I assume you did not have this problem before putting this setup
on from what I have read.......   I would hate to see you grenade your
bottom end!  Bad things will happen over time if your stretching the legs
out on this engine with something apparently so obcenely un-balanced......At
best minumum it will wipe out your thrust bearing.......and likely even
something more sinnister could result!

I know you probably do not want to deal with it, and wish it to be fine.....
I am betting its not..............Take it out and have it checked for
balance!   Who sourced this flywheel?

Donny