[DeTomaso] cam break-in question

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Thu May 3 22:07:39 EDT 2007

Usually the 20 total is fine.  Just run 10 minutes more.  Another
alternative is to drive the car.  If you can drive the car keeping the car
above 2000 rpm, then that is even better and you can often get 30 or 40
minutes of break in.

Even though the break in period is done, you should still not let the
engine idle for extended periods of time.  If you get stopped at a light
then you should do a little reving while stopped.  I dont let my car idle
for much time until at least 500 miles.

It is also a good idea to change oil right after your break in and again at
the 500 mile mark.

Dave "no failed cams" D