[DeTomaso] Vegas

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Thu May 3 16:48:16 EDT 2007

This might explain why I had such a hard time with my riding lawn
mower last year too.  Finally ended up cleaning the tank, rebuilding
the head, replacing the fuel bowl/float assembly, blowing the lines
and rebuilding the carb.  Same story.  I used a fuel
stabalizer/storage mix every winter and after a few winters, it
wouldn't run anymore, too much jell-O junk in the tank, lines, carb,
etc.

Had the same problem on my boat a few years back too.  After 10 years
of using a winterizing mix in the gas tank, it had enough crap
(white-ish looking gel) in the gas tank that I had to manually flush
the tank.  Don't think it was easy either, a 30 gallon tank
fiberglassed into the hull.  A serious carb rebuild later and it all
ran fine again.

I think I'm NOT going to use those products anymore.

Asa Jay