[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 15

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Thu May 3 02:45:09 EDT 2007

Day 15

5/2/2007

We left the hotel and shipped clothes and souvenirs home at the UPS Store.
Then off to Wal*Mart to purchase some Mobile 1. A local Pantera owner came
up to me in the parking lot with his son and we had a long conversation
about getting parts and services done for his car. He wasn't aware of how
connected he could be with all the vendors and help available from fellow
enthusiasts. I am going to help him with that. I let him know there is
always room for more in this family. So it was Noon again when we got on the
road. The roads through Wyoming and scenery are nothing short of
spectacular. The 2 lane roads say 65 or 75 mph on the signs, but the people
here seem to indicate otherwise. As we left Cody, WY (home of Buffalo Bill
Cody) I was going 75 when I passed a truck. A Grand Prix passed the same and
was moving along rather quickly so I brought it up to 90. He passed me.
After I woke up I just kept up with him. We were going 105.  I said to
Kathy"I wonder what would happen if I passed him and then slowed back down
and let him go by again?" A little while later I passed him and kept going
for a while. When we came to the passing lane I moved over and slowed down.
He didn't pass. In town they came up beside to ask what this car was. I told
them and they were delighted. The GPS clocked my highest speed at 126. We
stopped for lunch and then more sightseeing. Driving 90 all the time drops
the mileage down to about 18.5mpg. We made it to Nebraska before sunset and
drove as far as Kearney, 128 miles short of Lincoln and arrived @ 12:30am.
We lost another hour to Central time. Tomorrow we are headed back toward La
Grange, KY to visit with Ron and Beth. We still have over 900 mile to get
there so we probably won't make it Thursday night. Ron, save some time for
us on Friday. Then Saturday will be the final leg home.

Dave and Kathy

717.3 miles today

6180.9 total so far.

I think we're going to get wet tomorrow