[DeTomaso] CAMPING OR TRAILERS AT PAHRUMP

Fastgrandma at aol.com Fastgrandma at aol.com
Thu May 3 01:41:00 EDT 2007

First, I never drive my car in anger; that just doesn't compute in my life as
I've dealt with too many of that type on the highways over all the years I've
been driving.

However, if you're referring to the track:   we had the car at Laguna Seca
just a few years after
we bought the car (27 years on June 1st), this was when there were only 9
turns and the Shelby club had invited our chapter to join them.   It was a kind
of scary experience since I knew that was our ride back home!   After running
there and thoroughly enjoying it while thinking that any professional driver
earns every cent he makes, it was a great memory.   After that we spent many
years autocrossing another club member's Pantera, then ours for a few years
before deciding not to stress the cat's body any longer and autocrossed my Z28.
It's probably been close to 10 years since the last time I autocrossed my Z28, so
it has been a while since I've used some of those instincts.   It was great
that the track had some autocross corners and chicanes.

The car made it home in great shape (well a lot of dust as it was really
gusty and then a farmer was watering his fields!) so no problems after all these
years.

Judy