[DeTomaso] cam break-in question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu May 3 01:33:19 EDT 2007

OK, so I did the first 10 minutes of the cam-break in for my new comp cam
before the ammeter started smoking and I had to shut down.

I think I have the electrical under control now, so here's my question:

Do I need to do the entire 20 minutes of break in, or since I already did 10
minutes, is another 10 sufficient?

I appreciate your thoughts.  (I don't think I need to do anything to the
engine in preparation for the cam break-in; the timing is good, oil level
good, coolant level good, etc.  I just need to run the engine.)

Thanks

Chris