[DeTomaso] DeTomaso caster

David_Bell at oxy.com David_Bell at oxy.com
Wed May 2 07:50:27 EDT 2007

The sum of the 7/16" offset at the top and the opposite 7/16" offset at
the bottom is 14/16", or 0.875".  Measure the vertical distance between
the two pivot points (a-arms).  I don't have access to my car at the
moment but let's assume this distance is nine inches.  Assuming the
spindle was originally perpendicular to the ground surface, then the new
caster angle would be inverse sin of (0.875 / 9.0), or 5.6 degrees.  If
the upper and lower a-arm separation was 12" instead of 9", then the
caster angle would drop to 4.2 degrees using the same 7/16" offset.

Dave Bell