[DeTomaso] Any one live near or in Bristol CT that could lookat a project?

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Tue May 1 23:11:28 EDT 2007

Even if this does not stiffen the rear of the car, I like the idea.  But I
suggest some reinforcement around the hole in the first layer of the deck
lid.  Wonder how this will work with a glass deck lid.

Dave "wish I went to vegas" D

At 12:37 PM 5/1/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>I found an exellet way to stiffen the rear of the car. Install short hood
pins above the taillamp holes. The pins should protrude through the firt
layer of the decklid. Under the deck....the ineer structure is an X shape.
Placing the pins at the two ends of the X at the taillamps forces the
decklid to become a stressed member. My cars decklid would gouge the
rearmost corners of the qtr panels. After the pin install, I can through it
in the turns and it does not chip the corners. This is very effictive and
costs little. I have a few pics of the install if anybody requests.  Bill {
the stiff one}