[DeTomaso] Vegas (or, What I did on my spring vacation) LONG

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Tue May 1 21:22:45 EDT 2007

> "Great story, though, thanks for telling it".
>
> My pleasure Chris.

   I know what you mean about reliability.  I kept blowing up my engine
within five miles of home.  I knew Colorado was a stretch,  but what the
heck.  I was looking forward to this trip big time.  I felt like I was
preparing for this great adventure,  and I was.  There were definitely some
frustrating moments but the highs were very high!  Sure,  it would have been
nice not to have had the major problem,  but I don't think that  will stop
me from trying it again.  The good times were just too damn good!  I would
just say,  prepare the car the best you can before the trip.  Get the 200
mile AAA coverage at least a week before you go.  I took Mike Drew's advice
and had a gallon jug of drinking water in the trunk.  It was there in case
of a radiator problem or a dehydration  issue.  In my case,  if I hadn't
driven so darn hard on the trip,  I would probably still be on my vacation.
Maybe I should see if the doctor can surgically remove some of that metallic
material from my right foot?  :-)

Art