[DeTomaso] Tri Power for 351C

bobfluty at aol.com bobfluty at aol.com
Tue May 1 14:43:02 EDT 2007

<<What do you all think of this? Any benefits from using 3 carbs?>>

Don't know about "real" performance benefits from the Tri-Power set up, but on the Pantera you're going to have to think about the clearance problem with the deck lid.  Bob Richards (San Diego Panteras) has a factory tri-power set up on his Pantera and it required some modification to the manifold to fit without trimming the deck lid.  I ran three Rochester 2G's on my small block Chevy years ago and loved the combination.  Ran on the middle carb and then kicked in the two outboard carbs with progressive linkage.  I've seen the advertisements for the new Barry Grant tri-power combinations...cool looking, but quite pricey.  Will be interesting to see what the final bid is on eBAY for this assembly....should be quite impressive..they're at $1,325 with five days to go!

Good luck,

Bob