[DeTomaso] Ladder-style engine bay brace

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue May 1 14:09:56 EDT 2007

The x brace in the deck lid opening will stiffen the carboard box but
there is a weak spot where the wells attatch to the frame. Only the ladder
box can really address this weak spot; not that the "X" would not help. I
have seen many cars with kind of  compromise which include both the
x-brace and a rear roll bar which tie into the rear deck hinge points then
come down and tie into the wheel wells. I have seen many of these and I
plan to start fabbing on mine soon.

Gary

> Gary,
>
> 	Stiffening the box at the rear using Goran's "X" design will also help to
> stiffen the wheel wells.
>
> 	My main point though was, that to my knowledge, Goran is the only one who
> has come up with a brace design of any kind, whether it be for frame, box
> or
> wheel wells that has objective data to prove it works.  What I'm looking
> for
> on the other designs is either frame-twist data like Goran's in torsional
> units, before and after skid pad data, or before and after track lap time
> data.  Has anything like this been done on the other brace designs?
>
> Doug Braun
> blue 73L #5505

>>> for these designs.  The only one I've seen test data for so far is