[DeTomaso]   Electrical questions--HELP!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue May 1 02:47:17 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/30/07 8 40 42, tcabanski at tencom.com writes:

> I was working on Mike Drew's headlight relay project.
> I needed to hook up the wire for the main power to the headlights from
> the amp gauge.
> Does it matter what terminal I hook the wire up to ?

Absolutely.   If you hook it to the correct side, it will indicate a draw
when the lights are on, and the engine is not running (power is flowing from the
battery to the lights).   If you hook it up to the wrong side, the gauge will
read backwards, and it will indicate that the battery is charging, under those
conditions.