[DeTomaso] Ladder-style engine bay brace

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue May 1 02:30:31 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/29/07 22 11 50, chelini at cox.net writes:

> Larry Stock also sells a nice kit designed and built by a race car
> design group.
> Mike Drew has test info on it, or check it out in the archives.
>

>>>I don't have any specific test information, nor do I have any specific
knowledge of its performance, but I do know that it was designed by Roger Kraus
Racing (http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/).   I have quietly showed the design
(both in photos and in person) to people with a proper education in such
matters, and they have all agreed that it would be effective if its sole design goal
was as a means of adding additional weight.

The other, competing design might be even heavier, but is known to deliver
measurably increased stiffness.   I do know at least one well-known Pantera
racer who deep-sixed the former design in favor of the latter....