[DeTomaso] Categories of car condition and Use

Visit ProvaMo.com pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 30 11:54:48 EDT 2007

Ron,

I’m posting my reply to the forum
Your point is well taken.

Now I understand my mistake.  Driver really is DRIVEN.  A completely
different meaning.

The title is also changed to Condition and Use.

I consider Modified – Show to be the hopefully small group for garage and
trailer queens!  (No insult implied)

Modified and DRIVEN is for cars that range from 100 point show cars that are
driven, to tired non-original cars that are driven.  The issue of “opinion”
on quality or perceived condition is what I am trying to avoid.  USE is what
I am trying to emphasize.

Here is my reply to the PI BB:

I'm thinking of adding a category for those cars where the body was
modified. Really intended for the Pre-L that got the GT5 or the L that
received the Group 4 body kit. But if this example you show has a Pantera
VIN (Tell me what it is!) then it would fall into this new group.

I'm also wondering how to split cars that are mostly original (like the
white car proposed)
from the "Modified" category.

Original and Unrestored is a pretty rare group, but they do exist. Car 5226
in the ProvaMo Registry is one. See the photos.

I think as it stands most cars qualify for the Modified - Driver group, and
I'd like to split that somehow to differentiate cars that have received a
LOT of mods, like non-351C engines, aftermarket gauges, carbon fibre hood,
deck, dash etc...But where does one draw the line?

There can't be 7,500 groups!

But the Modified - Driver group really needs some suggestions, thus my post!

Perhaps a category for Modernized Original ???
For example, still the 351C, but with a Holley (or equivalent) a manifold
that maintains the use of the original engine cover... Campy clone wheels,
stock but recovered seats, original dash, replacement steering wheel (Momo,
protipo La Carerra) Ansa exhaust still required...

Obviously this is going to be a "personal" decision by the one submitting
the entry to the Registry.

Where does a car belong that is basically original, but with 'some' changes?
Say non-stock paint color, chassis kit, sport seats, some engine mods but
matching numbers block? What about minor things like a couple of added
switches, or a Boom boom stereo?

Food for thought!

You have put a mileage cap of 200 miles a year for the modified show
category.  I can do that in one show.     If I drive to a show that is 500
miles round trip (like the Yuma show), what would the car be categorized at?