[DeTomaso] Categories of car condition

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 23:03:48 EDT 2007

It looks like there is room for another category between modified driver and race...for instance Mad Dawg's car. It's been heavily modified for racing, but is still street legal.

  just a thought,

  John

"Visit ProvaMo.com" <pantera007 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I'm almost done with setting up the Online DeTomaso Registry project, I'm at
the point where I need to define the condition of a car into one of about 10
general categories. This is my draft. Review it using your car as the
example.
Let me know what you think of the categories. Now is the time for comments,
not after the work is done - grin!

Chuck

Original and Unrestored
A car is as it was manufactured, including the known flaws. Original Paint
(minor repairs allowed, just not a complete repaint). Worn items are
allowed to be replaced (Tires, battery, and parts from the Factory like
switches). The driveline may be rebuilt but to original specifications with
Factory (Ford, DeTomaso & RBT ZF) parts. Dealer installed items such as
nerf bar, luggage rack, radio (Becker) and antenna.

Original and Restored
A car that has been restored, repainted (Original Color) and/or refurbished
to original specifications using Factory parts. Design flaws have been
fixed (Example: cooling mods and electrical) are allowed. It has the parts
from the same year and model as new.

Modified - Show
A car that has been modified such that it does not qualify as "Original",
and is in a NEW-like condition. This car is likely meant to be displayed in
a car show, and is typically not driven over 200 miles a year.

Modified - Driver
A car that has been modified such that it does not qualify as "Original",
and is driven on a regular basis of more than 200 miles a year.

Race Car
A car that is no longer licensed for public roads, and has been modified for
pure racing.

In Restoration
A car that is currently not drivable, but is receiving work to restore it to
useable condition. Some progress MUST be every 90 days.

In Storage
A car that does not have current license registration, and/or has not been
driven (legally) in the last 90 days. This car can drivable, ignoring
problems of storage, just not driven. If it is being restored, but with no
progress in the last 90 days.

Damaged
A car that is severely damaged or rusted and is not currently being worked
on. The car is complete enough to restore.

Parted Out
The car has been stripped of parts and only the shell remains. It could be
restored, but is not currently being restored.

Destroyed
This car physically no longer exists, with no hope of recovery. Perhaps it
was crushed, cut up, or scrapped. Paperwork may exist, but the car no
longer exists.

--
1:36 PM