[DeTomaso] Fw: New Cleveland block

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 29 21:00:07 EDT 2007

this is copied & pasted from the Cleveland Forum:

Specifications of Tod Buttermore's new Cleveland block.

Siamesed bores. Bores allow 4.150" overbore while retaining 0.200" walls. If you feel comfortable with a 0.100" wall you could go out to 4.350".

Priority Main oiling system. Sump, oil filter, crossover in front, up to main oil galley along side of the cam, from main oil galley to criss-crossed oil connection in rear of valley, through lifter oil galleys that are currently set to be 0.3125" diameter like Tod's FE block.

4 bolt mains.
Solid pan rails.
Billet caps. (Splaying will come later)
9.200" decks. (Possible 9.500" special order)
0.630" Deck thickness.
Screw-in freeze plugs.
Round water outlets at the decks for those who wish to tap and plug the holes.

External: Same bolt bosses as a stock Cleveland block, including the clutch pivot.

Finish: Bores unfinished. Will need to be honed to your pistons. Cam and crank bores unfinished. Hone to size. Decks squared to 0.002"-0.003".

Price Estimate: Iron will be $2200-$2300 and aluminum will be $2800-$2900.