[DeTomaso] valley pan install question

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 19:04:07 EDT 2007

So I decided to buy the valley\turkey pan. Now, I'm not sure how the thing goes on in relation to all of the gaskets. Here's my guess and considering I'm no expert, please correct me!

  It came with some rubber end gaskets that look like they go under the valley pan on the ends. if hey are omitted, the pan will not sit flush with the block, so it looks like these go there...right?

  then, the intake gaskets go on top the valley pan? I read to omitt the cork gaskets that go on the ends and use permatex instead making sure to go up 1/2 inch on the heads.

  Do I need to use permatex under the valley pan along the heads?

  One last note, the valley pan doesn't seem to line up exactly right so i will be grinding away some of the material around the intake ports.

  as always, thank you for your help.

  John