[DeTomaso] Difference Between '71 and '74 Bodies

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 20:08:53 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/28/07 2:54:03 PM, thefuture98070 at yahoo.com writes:

<< I'm considering transfering my '74 to a '71 body.  I understand there are
body differences.  Does anyone have thoughts that could help me out? >>

I assume you're talking of the interiors, not the fenders, grille, bumpers,
gas tank and other stuff thats different in the two years. If its the interior
thats motivating this task, the '74 dash requires the '74 heater/defroster box
that matches it, and also requires the '74 console to match the dash. Once
you've got both dashboards out of the cars parked side-by-side, you'll see the
problems. Its not too bad of a job if both cars are there and are complete, but
it will keep you busy for a while! Do not depend on any 'factory' schematic
to tell you which wires go where, either. ALL the schematics are wrong in at
least one area and that varies with the car in question. And you have two cars
to deal with.... Most of us simply use a VOM and annotate a schematic to fit
the car(s). Good luck & keep us posted- J Deryke
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's free at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>