[DeTomaso] wiper motor

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 15:32:55 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/26/07 7:22:05 PM, JAYTCREC at aol.com writes:

<< the cover under the fender was removed and the wiper motor was smacked
sharply several times whereupon it obediently began working. Though, it does
seem to work in a fairly slow speed even set on high.   Would  a new motor be
faster??? So, should I replace it to make sure that it never misbehaves again or
is there a less expensive option? Rebuild or a cross reference to a less
expensive  replacement? >>

Exactly as mine failed. I disconnected it and sprayed out the multi-connector
next to the wiper motor with Radio Shack Contact cleaner. Up on top of the
wiper is a funny little plastic cover with a set of points inside (the
reverse-rotation switch) that might need attention. Be careful- the plastic cover is
brittle and cracks if looked at wrong! The slow speed may be fixed by pulling
the motor/gearbox and the long cable, and re-greasing the gearbox & cable. It
opens similarly to a window-gear box and needs fresh grease every few decades....
 All this occurred in '89, I think.... and no reoccurances. Cheers- J DeRyke
email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.
</HTML>