[DeTomaso] Flamethrower engage....Re: Fwd: NPC - Another Enzo Bites The Dust

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 13:53:21 EDT 2007

At least he put the Enzo on the track and raced it....his decision to loan his ride to someone with questionable driving skills is arguable but as usual you guys just don't get it.

   These automobilies were designed to be RACED. The fact that Ferrari or Bugatti, Porsche or even Corvette and others sell these high performance automobiles to non-racers is beyound sad ITS PATHETIC.  But in this and many other cases you have to give credit to the individual owner who is willing to put his priceless automobile on a race track at speed and push the outside of the envelope. Which is more then you can say for 99% of all OTHER owners of high performance automobiles who buy them to pose with, play with, re-engineer and race old guys in new Corvettes.

  When Charlie Pucket and Erik Belter both went into the tire wall a day apart at Thunder Hill a couple 2-3 years ago totally wrecking Erik's Pantera and severaly damaging Charlies I had at least 10 Pantera owners say they would never take their Pantera's on a track or ORR event again they were so DISTURBED by what had happened....and that doesn't even count the ones who said the same thing after my little fire... ;-]>

  Both Charlie and Erik were like "HELL YES I AM GOING TO REBUILD AND RACE AGAIN"  And Charlie is already racing again and Erik isn't far behind him on building a dedicated race Pantera but in the meantime he races everything else (shifter carts, spec Miata, etc).

  If you don't see the beauty in running after or passing a Bugatti, Ferrari Enzo or F40, Saleen S7's, or even another Pantera you're not a racer and  you need to turn your keys over to someone who will spank that automobile of yours. Again 99% of you guys once again fail to understand these automobiles were meant to be driven hard and put away wet. STOP turning them into trophy garage queens.

  I understand how the free enterprise system works...Ferrari and everyone else just take your money and hand you the keys. No multiple test questions about your driving experience or what plans you have to race the car........... Hell,  you know they don't even want to hear about your club racing plans or your lack of driving skills....just write the check SUCKER! but if I was king I'd stop all that. No matter how much money you were choking on you couldn't buy MY Panteras, Ferrari's and Porsche's unless you signed a blood oath you would wring the hell out of them on the track.

  If you can't afford to race your 310 to 1100 HP automobile (including a vintage Pantera) then you are beyound gay.....you should just hand the keys  to someone who will race it. Okay who else is signing up for ORR?

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing
  "If it was easy you'd do it"

Michael Shortt <michaelsavga at gmail.com> wrote:
  Follow Up

This made abcnews.com 's Front Page

The genius who let him drive the car - Daniel Sadek, producer & former enzo
owner!

IRWINDALE, Calif. Mar 27, 2007 (AP)- Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari
Enzo worth $1.5 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a
racetrack Monday, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The comedian was practicing for a charity race to promote his upcoming film,
"Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway.
Video footage showed the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off
the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the
brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one his past films, said after
the accident.

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

"He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks
said.

The Enzo, valued at around $1.5 million, was owned by the executive producer
of "Redline," Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the
movie.

Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed
feelings" about the wreck.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed,"
Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought,
there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the
world."

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever produced, all between 2002 and 2004.

Griffin's credits include the comedies "Undercover Brother"; "Deuce Bigalow:
Male Gigolo" and its sequel; "Date Movie"; and "Norbit."