[DeTomaso] Fwd: NPC - Another Enzo Bites The Dust

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:44:49 EDT 2007

Follow Up

This made abcnews.com 's Front Page

The genius who let him drive the car - Daniel Sadek, producer & former enzo
owner!

IRWINDALE, Calif. Mar 27, 2007 (AP)- Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari
Enzo worth $1.5 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a
racetrack Monday, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The comedian was practicing for a charity race to promote his upcoming film,
"Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway.
Video footage showed the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off
the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the
brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one his past films, said after
the accident.

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

"He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks
said.

The Enzo, valued at around $1.5 million, was owned by the executive producer
of "Redline," Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the
movie.

Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed
feelings" about the wreck.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed,"
Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought,
there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the
world."

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever produced, all between 2002 and 2004.

Griffin's credits include the comedies "Undercover Brother"; "Deuce Bigalow:
Male Gigolo" and its sequel; "Date Movie"; and "Norbit."