[DeTomaso] Engine Oil Analysis / Willow Springs Update

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 27 05:22:29 EDT 2007

I visited the engine today at the shop and for once I may have dodged a
grenade.
I scorched and spun a couple of rod bearings (one is really torn up) but it
looks like I shut it down just in time.
There are marks on the #7 & #1 pistons where the intake valve made contact
but just faint swirls on the pistons. The Lenske rods, the domed Ross
pistons, the tricked out crank and the cylinders look fine so far. They are
going to mag everything and check for bent valves.
If my luck holds up I may just need the crank ground a little, new bearings
and rings and probably re-sized rods.
Vegas is still a possibility.

Dan

Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456