[DeTomaso] Peder Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 14:53:06 EDT 2007

Goran,

        Can you please explain what differences in suspension geometry modern tires would motivate?  Did you relocate where the control arms connect to the frame and/or the tire ends of the control arms?

  Ken

Göran Malmberg <hemipanter at hemipanter.se> wrote:
  Thanks John!
The Peder Pantera is very much a design study of the early 90:s. Peder,
wanted a specially designed car
and I had the idea of making a somewhat Ferrari inspired front. Well, its
sort of like playing a cover when
it comes to music. This car is a little special to me as it is mainley built
up as a "touring" GT car, probabley
the same intention as the factory had for the Pantera. So the design,
geometry and function is mostley
street use focused, and the car is to have an interior to meet the demand of
any normal person.

The front A-arm is of the same "family" as fare as the build is concerned.
But it does use original spindles
front and rear. However, they ARE some 2" longer and has a little different
motion ratio. So we could say
that the setup includes a little more up to date geometry, with the tires of
today in mind.

The reason for the front design is as allready mentionend mainley for looks,
but of course I had some aero
in mind. A front splitter is to be used, but nothing more than what will
look nice. I also try to keep weight
in the lower area without beeing extreem.

Regards
Goran Malmberg