[DeTomaso] Oil Pan gasket install

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 17:08:31 EDT 2007

thanks asajay

  what's the difference between 2A and 2B? I'm asking because someone else recommended 2A.

  thanx,

  John

asajay at asajay.com wrote:
  Hi John

I always use Form-a-Gasket 2B, (black gorilla pucky). I spread a very
thin layer (almost invisible) along the entire gasket. I then use a
little bit more in the corners when assembling.

It's not RTV, so it's O2 sensor safe. It doesn't harden the same way
rtv does or some of those other sealers. I've also found it makes it
pretty easy to remove the pan later as well.

So, there's one opinion for you.

Asa Jay
btw, you need to take some photos and send them around. :)

Quoting John Maffeo :