[DeTomaso] 3pt seat belt setups

matt.bradley at tx.rr.com matt.bradley at tx.rr.com
Fri Mar 23 11:57:23 EDT 2007

Has anyone successfully been able to implement a 3pt seat belt setup from one of the Mustang vendors?  I am wanting to to retain the stock location for the retractor, and the shoulder mouting point for the pull over action (I currently have a two-piece setup in my '72).

I haven't looked inside the stock retractor well yet to see what it looks like in there.  I'm wondering how a replacement retractor would feed through the stock plate.  I'd think you'd have to be able to remove the belt from the new retractor, feed it through the stock plate hole, and then back into the retractor.  Am I thinking of that right?

I was thinking about checking out this system (I have tan interior):

http://tinyurl.com/2x8cgu