[DeTomaso] High Speed Test Run today in Elko to beat Bugatti road speed record

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 17:45:14 EDT 2007

I have a picture of one of their cars somewhere.......If I can find it, I would be happy to send it to someone who can post it.

  John

Mad Dog Antenucci <teampantera at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Apparently there is a group going after the Bugatti's road top speed record of 253 MPH TODAY.

They are a group out of Washington state called SSC Design (Jarod Shelby). The run will be held on a closed 12-mile section of H-93 which is the same road we have used for the Gamblers Run ORR out of Elko and Mike Borders of MKM Racing is handling road closure with NDOT. This is a 2-lane road and not the autobahn or freeway so it should be interesting to see if he makes it.

The "UltimateAero TT" is another production wanna-be but has a low .357 drag coefficient, an 1183 HP engine and is estimated to be able to pull 277 MPH!

md

blah-blah-blah wrote:
http://www.sscautos.com/pdf/20070305.pdf

Mad Dawg, do you know anything about this?

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com