[DeTomaso] Expensive valve covers

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Tue Mar 20 22:30:01 EDT 2007

I have a member here in NJ that bought a car with these.  Indeed they leaked
oil badly.  He had them modified by a machinist/speedshop to include o-ring
seals.  Seems to have improved the leakage thing, but still a bit of a pain
to remove/replace.  My impression is a stud girdle and tall valve covers are
as good functionally and easier to deal with.  Neat item/idea nonetheless.