[DeTomaso] Ignition woes

rick mcclure rickrows at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:18:49 EDT 2007

I'm in the midst of converting to an MSD system.

1). I'm using the 8577 Pro-Billet small cap distributor, but it still looks
too tall the clear the stock mesh cover.  What does one do - just leave it
off.

2). I ordered the 353389 wire set, functional yes, but all the wires are too
long to look good.  So I have the choice of shortening them myself, unless
there is a true ready-made set of wires that are available.

3). Next the tach - I ordered the 8920 adaptor and hooked it up and the tach
is not working.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the tach was working just
before I started the wiring.   Is there a simply way to test just the tach -
perhaps using a low voltage batter accross the two tach wires.