[DeTomaso] Another day at the grindstone!

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Tue Mar 20 15:20:20 EDT 2007

Small world.  20 years go, I remember looking at an older, used 450 and
thinking that it was such as classic, great design that not only did it
still look good then but it also would still look good 20 years later.  It
looks like we nailed it.  Especially now that chrome has come back into
vogue, MB (err, DC these days) could roll out a 2007 version virtually
unchanged.

A couple of years ago, my sister who, was an animator on The Incredibles,
called me to bring up my Pantera to the Pixar offices to get a recording of
the exhaust note for use in another Pixar movie.  I hated to say no, but I
had another commitment that day.  If I could have gotten free, Lighting
McQueen would be vroom-vrooming around with a Pantera sound track.  Yeah, I
am still kicking myself for that one.  Coulda, shoulda.

A few years ago, I had my 300zx convertible all set up to drive a Giant's
player in the victory parade when the Giants won the World Series, but the
Giants lost the seventh game ...