[DeTomaso] Horror Stories....Re: Trailering Tiedown Points

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 11:33:39 EDT 2007

Who was the bro' in Norcal who invited an appraisal over to his house to appraise the value of his absolutly stunning black Pantera when as i recall (Mikey should know the twisted details) the guys "hydraulic line-brake" let go and he rolled down the driveway and smashed into the appraiser's new BMW....and yea, he sold the Pantera too! HAHAHA
  DOH

David & Marilyn Bell <davidabell at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
  Once upon a time in Houston.... a nice gentleman was winching his freshly
restored, virtually perfect Pantera slowly off a trailer at a local auto
show. The winch cable was attached to one of the front tie down tabs. The
tie down ripped loose from the frame and the Pantera rolled backwards off
the tilted trailer, down the ramps, and then downhill across the grass until
it smashed into another show car at about 15 mph. Both vehicles were very
seriously damaged in the resulting collision. The Pantera guy was so heart
broken that he sold what was left of his Pantera and never owned another.

YMMV.

Dave Bell (uses big nylon straps wrapped around the lower a-arms to tie-down
the car, and no the above story was not me)