[DeTomaso] Quick carpet question

Mark Tumbarello ollerabmut at msn.com
Mon Mar 19 22:38:57 EDT 2007

Mike the kit I bought from precision is made from the cheapest mill bulk
carpet one can purchase. My upolsterer told me that he doesn't use this
grade to carpet trunks. He estimated the price of 2-3 dollars a yard.I guess
I could install it my self, but he would not guarantee the fit if he
installed it. He also told me that the cost of his labor didn't warrant
installing carpet this cheap. It's bound poorly with fabric, he recommends
vinyl for durability.  Most carpet comes in 60-70 in widths so you only need
a couple yards to do the whole interior. the cost is the fitting and binding
about a days work. He showld me some pretty nice stuff even wool which
wasn't that expensive. Any body want to buy a carpet kit for a late 72L.
YMMV, Mark