[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 32, Issue 19- High exhaust temps

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 19 18:39:17 EDT 2007

Or the timing retarded too far.

Lean or rich, if the timing is retarded too far, the gas will still be
burning as it goes out the exhaust.  Presto, high exhaust temps.

I could possibly see the cam causing high exhaust temps.  For example, what
if it were ground to open the exhaust too early?  All that pressure and
burning gas would go out the exhaust.  That isn't what I would suspect
first, though.

Why aren't they checking the O2 sensor?  If it's lean, an O2 sensor would
tell them that.

Will.