[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 32, Issue 19- High exhaust temps

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 16:33:30 EDT 2007

My engine builder for the Mustang 331 called the other
day to tell me that the dyno guy was getting high exhaust
temperatures 1600 degrees.... They changed the carb, ignition
etc and it was still the same.... dyno guy is thinking it may
be the cam????  They don't think so but are checking it out.
Anybody ever heard of the cam being off...  maybe too lean
on the carb but?????  Looks like another blown engine before
I can even get it in the car...just my luck

Mark I am thinking about going down the drag strip at Vegas
friday night when are there if I am not worn out.

Mikey my freeway entry blasts are rarely under a hundred
I have been lucky so far trying to clean up the plugs

Dawg... I have one of the rear cameras... not on the car yet
but hopefully on before Vegas so I can at least see your car on the track

Bob Benson