[DeTomaso] MSD Box Location

David & Marilyn Bell davidabell at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 19 10:02:00 EDT 2007

There is plenty of room to mount a MSD-6 or MSD-7 on the passenger
compartment side of the firewall, underneath the upholstered firewall cover.
That location makes for relatively short wiring runs to the engine bay and
also insulates the MSD from water splash and from the direct heat source of
the engine/headers.

Having said that, my MSD unit has been mounted on the engine side of the
firewall for 7 years and + 25k miles with no ill effects.  My planned
addition of a water/oil intercooler will eventually force me to relocate the
MSD (it happens to be mounted in exactly the wrong spot for that), at which
point I'll just flip it around to the other side of the firewall.

Dave Bell